The university is now following a “modified-open” schedule. Learn more about what facilities, services and programs are available, hours of operation and preventative measures for New Student Services.
With the rapidly evolving situation and ongoing concerns about COVID-19 (coronavirus), New Student Services continues to closely monitor the latest information from the university and has taken a number of precautionary measures to keep you well.
Your well-being is our number one priority. Our leadership is meeting regularly to address and enact prevention and response efforts as the situation continues to evolve. Thank you for your patience while additional changes and modifications may be necessary.
Please continue to monitor this page for the latest updates.
Last updated: 4/1/2020
- In accordance with the university's decision to close campus operations, the New Student Services office will be closed until further notice.
- Essential personnel will be working remotely and will respond to phone and email inquiries as soon as possible during normal business hours, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. If you have a concern or question, please contact email@example.com.
- If you need to register for your summer orientation session, all registrations can be completed online at utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/dos/orientation/student/.
- All New Student Services formal programming, organized activities, and events are canceled for the remainder of the spring 2020 semester.
- For currently enrolled students who are working with Horns Helping Horns, First-Generation Living Learning Community and Longhorn TIES coordinators or who are part of the Orientation Advisor course, please know that they are working remotely and you may contact them via email or by phone should you require assistance.
What New Student Services is doing to keep you well
- In an effort to promote social distancing, all in-person meetings with students have been suspended for the remainder of the spring 2020 semester, and other in-person meetings will be limited.
- UT Austin is asking that students not return to campus this semester unless there is a specific need. When the New Student Services office reopens, surfaces will continue to be routinely cleaned, and hand sanitizer will be available for staff and guests.
- Our sign-in process in the front office for guests will move online by having individuals scan a QR code on their phone to enter their information via their mobile device.
Here is what you can do
- Continue to take preventative measures.
- Practice the university’s guidelines on social distancing: maintain a distance of six feet between yourself and others whenever possible.
- To help contain the spread of COVID-19 in our community, all new student orientation sessions (June through August 2020) will be online instead of in person. Our campus will also continue remote learning this summer with academic instruction being offered online. Summer School Orientation, for students admitted to a summer session, will take place online. Aligned with student orientation, there will not be any in-person Family Orientation (facilitated by Texas Parents) sessions for 2020. Information is available at parents.utexas.edu/FamilyOrientation. Please refer to the online orientation page for more information: https://orientation.utexas.edu/online-orientation-FAQ
Cancellations and Getting Refunds
- Please refer to the online orientation frequently asked questions page for refund information: https://orientation.utexas.edu/online-orientation-FAQ