UT Austin Fall 2021 Information: Protect Texas Together Website
The website, Protect Texas Together, offers an in-depth look at the complete scope of UT Austin's health and safety guidelines and planning decisions. It includes specific guidance for all members of the UT community, answers many frequently asked questions and allows you to make an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccination or test.The university encourages frequent testing for vaccinated and unvaccinated community members throughout the semester. This website will be updated continually, so please plan to refer back to it. Students and families are highly encouraged to read the page: protect.utexas.edu/students-families.
New Student Services Operational Updates
- For the fall 2021 semester, operation hours for New Student Services, located in the Student Services Building, will be from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. We provide a non-contact check-in process for visitors and students via a QR code posted on the door during our office operations hours. Please note that many of our staff will be working remotely through September 16.
- For general questions, inquiries about orientation or New Student Services initiatives, please email email@example.com. Students can make appointments to meet with our staff members. Contact information for currently enrolled students involved with Horns Helping Horns, First-Generation Living Learning Community, Longhorn TIES and Transition Programs are below.
- New Student Services is following the university’s health and safety guidelines, and encourages the campus community and visitors to do so as well.
- Wearing a face mask is strongly recommended but optional inside university buildings for vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals.
- Before arriving on campus, the university encourages everyone to use the university’s Protect Texas Together app for daily symptom screening, which will helps people recognize possible symptoms of COVID-19 and protect the campus community. A phone-based application is also available if you don’t have a smartphone.