Reflect on your first semester.
Inspire yourself through goal-setting.
Surpass your expectations for college.
Emerge with tools for success.
Registration for RISE 2021 is CLOSED. Thank you for participating!
Details for RISE Summit 2021:
RISE Summit is a free two-day conference for all first-year students, designed to strengthen your leadership skills and develop strategies to succeed throughout your college career!
- If you're looking for academic resources to help make your second semester your best yet, RISE is for you.
- If you want to get more involved in extracurricular activities, RISE is for you.
- And if you're still trying to find your place here at UT Austin, RISE is for you.
Students will be able to choose from a variety of sessions including:
- True Colors
- Sleep Smarts
- Career and Major Decisions: 5 Tips for Finding Your Path
- Writing Effective Resumes
- Connecting to Campus Clubs
- Transitioning from High School Writing to College Writing
- A Longhorn's Guide to Financial Aid
Also Included are:
- College Discussions (representatives from each college will be present)
- Small Group Meetings
- Social Events (Speedfriending and Game Night)
View the full schedule HERE.
- Will this event be fully virtual?
- Yes! RISE will be conducted via Zoom. There will be plenty of sessions and activities to increase interaction and fun!
- How will I find the Zoom links for the sessions?
- All the links will be posted on the RISE Canvas. Students will be added to the Canvas Course in January 2021.
- When will I receive the RISE Care Package?
- Students who register and attend RISE will be eligible for a care package that will be shipped after the event. Shipping time could take around a week or two to receive your package.
- How will I know if I won a bigger prize?
- Provided you meet the criteria of attending at least two sessions on each day you will be contacted via phone or email saying which prize you will be receiving.
RISE is presented by New Student Services in partnership with the Senate of College Councils.
If you have questions or need accommodations please contact New Student Services at email@example.com or (512)-471-3304.