CONSIDER THE SCOPE & EXPECTATIONS OF THE POSITION
Is this position a good fit for my needs and comfort level at this time? Ask yourself
- Am I interested in learning about campus resources and peer advising in order to answer many questions from incoming students and families?
- Do I have the required time that is necessary to serve as an excellent university ambassador in the Orientation Advisor role?
- Am I a good role model and team player?
- Am I excited about being a Longhorn and sharing that excitement with incoming Longhorns?
- Do I have the ability to practice effective time management skills and prioritize my daily commitments in order to maintain excellent academic standing while serving as an OA during the year?
- Do I have a desire to work with students with diverse backgrounds different than my own?
- Am I interested in working in an environment that embraces change and expects professionalism, leadership and excellent customer service in working with students, faculty, staff and families?
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THE POSITION
- Create or review your resume in order to examine your employment experience, skills and strengths that would be applicable for the OA position (you are not required to submit your resume along with your application, but you do have an option to upload the information as supplemental material if you choose to do so during the online application process).
- Carefully read and review all of the materials required to complete the application process.
- Allow for ample time to submit your best work and responses possible for the application process.
- Answer all questions completely.
- As professional courtesy, ask individuals to serve as reference for you and inform them of your applying for the OA position.
- Your references should be current and/or former employers, supervisors, counselors, faculty, academic advisors or staff if possible.
- Check the New Student Services website and your UT e-mail regularly in order to review deadlines, updates, requests or announcements regarding the recruitment, application, interview and selection process for the OA position.
COMPLETE THE REQUIRED STEPS BEFORE COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION
- Attend at least one information session to learn more about the position, expectations and the selection process.
- Be prepared to ask questions about the position, challenges and opportunities during your information session.